Plants, gardening and the outdoor environment
Ebenezer’s award-winning Horticultural Therapy Program offers campus residents the opportunity for hands-on, four- season participation in plant and nature-based activities. These garden groups involve residents in a wide array of therapeutic activities related to plants, gardening, nature, animals, and the outdoor environment. Members meet twice a month (weekly at the Minneapolis Ebenezer Care Center) with a horticultural therapist. We also enjoy garden and nature-related outings.
- Creating seasonal fresh-cut floral arrangements
- Transplanting, growing and tending houseplants
- Learning about and planting seeds for plants to be used in our therapeutic gardens
- Planting and tending the fully handicapped-accessible gardens on campus
- Cooking with produce and herbs from our gardens
- Reading about nature and the great outdoors-related topics
- Learning how to attract birds and butterflies to our gardens
- Going on garden- and nature-related outings to sites in the metro area and beyond
Horticultural Therapy Program
Loren on Park
2625 Park Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
For more information contact
Ebenezer's Horticultural Therapy Program and Spiritual Care and Healing Garden has been honored as “Innovation of the Year” by Aging Services of Minnesota, Minnesota’s largest statewide trade association for providers of older adult services. The award honors providers that have demonstrated creativity in programs and/or services to their customers.
This program is supported by donations. Make a gift.